The main frame of the condominium is indeed the beginning of all. I thought it would be nice to share with you the building process. Through trial and error, little by little the big condo took shape (and place) in my office. As the condo is situated in an imaginary city called "Paradise Island", you should not be surprised by the name I gave to some rooms .
The total size of the condominium building is:
Width: 174 cm
Depth: 50 cm
Height: 226 cm
For the main frame of the building I have used ready made shelves from IKEA. They are untreated solid pine. It is a durable, natural material.
3 side units: 226 cm X 50 cm,
8 shelves: 83 cm X 50 cm,
2 cross braces: 100 cm.
This is only the Ikea advertising for Ivar system. The condo has 8 shelves in total.
The shelves/room floor are spaced 56 cm from one another to give a lot of space over the doll's head, and make it comfortable to play with
Kiah (see Gang Identities) is showing you the scale. she is standing proudly in her new office
To close the partition walls and the back of the condo, I used a thin inexpensive fiberboard that I directly nailed on the side units. I have closed as well the exterior side-wall; at its base you can see the Nirvana's Window.
Ceilings and walls were painted with white acrylics (water based paint). This is one of the white boxes I started all my dioramas with. I closed each room with a light curtain (I have changed the white curtains since then)
Here you have a general view of the condo with fully opened curtains.
Main floor: the Nirvana's shop and the Eden Café.
1st floor: the classical office and the Oriental lounge
2nd floor: Lilly's office and Kiah 's office .
Top floor (not visible): the Shangril'attic (storage room).
Under the section trial & error if only one, I should say that I have made movable sidewalks. They are two wood planks that rest on bricks and can be removed to play, organise or take close-up pictures
My first idea was to cover the plank with cement that looks like reel sidewalk. The effect was not bad , but moving the heavy planks was difficult, and after a while the cement cracked. So I removed/cleaned all the broken cement and replaced it with self-adhesive look like stone paper.
First try: cement
Second try: Adhesive paper